One challenge: can YOU solve the crimes before the heroes of the stories?
These are twelve brand-new short stories from twelve of the best children's crime writers writing today.
These creepy, hilarious, brain-boggling, heart-pounding mysteries feature daring, brilliant young detectives, and this anthology is a must for fans of crime fiction and detection, especially the Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, The Roman Mysteries and The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow.
I looked forward to this book from the moment I first heard of it and once I got a copy I was so pleased as I really enjoyed the stories in it. The stand out ones for me had to be those by Susie Day, Harriet Whitehorn and Robin Stevens.
1) Emily and the detectives by Susie Day
This was a fab little story. I loved Emily as a character and her determination to not let Victorian sexist attitudes hold her back. I really want more stores about her as I could see her being a kiss ass main character of a brilliant series.
2) Rain on my parade by Elen Caldecott.
I've not read Elen's books before but I think Elen's series is one I'm going to have to puck up now based on that short story.
3)The mystery of the green room by Clementine BeaumaisThis story waas really that was a bit dark.
4)The mystery of Diablo Canyon Circle by Caroline Lawrence
I really liked the characters in the one. Not so much the mystery because it made me sad.
5) Mel Foster and the Hound of the Baskerville by Julia Golding
Not really my sort of read as it has fantasy element to it
6) Dazzle, Dog Biscuits and Disaster by Kate Pankhurst
A nice enough little story which kept me guessing.
7) God's Eye by Frances Hardinge
I really enjoyed the historical detail in this story and again I'd love more from this character and world.
8) The Mystery of the Pineapple Plot by Helen Moss
This story was Ok but found myself skimming
9) The Murder of Monsieur Pierre by Harriet Whitehorn
Really loved this story. Another one where I want more stories with this character.
10) Safe-Keeping by Sally Nichols.
I really enjoyed this story.
11) The Mystery of the Purloined Pearls by Katherine Woodfine
I loved hearing from Lil in this story as you never hear from her directly in the clockwork sparrow series.
12) The Mystery of Room 12 by Robin Stevens }Really enjoyed this one especially as it is very different from Robin's boarding school series