So I was tagged by one of my Bookish besties Sarah from Feeling Fictional to take part in this Reader Problems book tag and I couldn't resist joining her. If you want to read Sarah's answers you can find them HERE and mine are below.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I have a confession. My book TBR pile is actually quite small. I blame a broken leg, 4 months off work and a lot of alone time that came with the first two things ...
Either way I decide on what to read next at the moment completely by mood and what I feel like reading next. I tend to be caught up enough on my review copies that I don't need to worry about when I get to them because it is usually in time. I keep a pile next to my bed of unread books and take my pick from there.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I am the queen of giving up on books. I can give up on something after a chapter if I'm not enjoying something. Life is too short and there are too many books to read.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away
on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Not really been a problem for me. I am quickly approaching 200 and I should make it this year. Even if I didn't I'm not sure I'd worry because some times I just have too much going on to read.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
It annoys me but I just live with it most of the time. I tend to find with having a lot of proofs they don't always match anyway.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Generally someone on goodreads thinks the same which is nice to make me feel like I'm not the odd one out.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I don't think I am ever had this issue. Books just don't make me cry. I clearly have a heart of stone
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a
lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel?
Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I'm going to refer you to this video which sums up my feeling on sequels very clearly
In short. I love series in theory. In practice when you read about 200 books in a year it just isn't happening. I'm now finding I'm waiting until a whole series is out before starting on one.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Some people are just told no or vague excuses are made. There are a few people who are allowed Sarah, Lynsdey and Lauren are pretty much it because I know they know how to look after other people's stuff. I have been known to allow other people to borrow books and got them back in a real state. Their names were added to the LIST OF SHAME!!
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I might go back to a favourite book and reread or just give up for a bit and do something else with my time whilst awaiting on something new and exciting to drop through my door.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
ALL OF THEM!!!! I must admit that being on top of my TBR pile means as soon as something comes out that I really want I get it once it has been released if I haven't received it for review in the meantime. Tends to help if the release dates are close to a school holiday because them I have all the reading time.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Not long. See above comments re smallish TBR pile.
I'm going to tag:
All the members of the Bookish Brits team
and anyone else who wants to take part
Make sure you leave me a link in the comments if you decide to join in
(or if you've already posted your answers!) and I'll come and check out