A mega reading month for me due to Easter Holidays and 8 PJ days in a row when the Connor household were all poorly. I've read some amazing stuff and been on a bit of a Aussie YA fix
Book read in April
58) 50 ways to find a lover by Lucy Anne Holmes (British Books Challenge)
59) Smart by Kim Slater (British Books Challenge)
60) Weirdos vs Bumskulls by Natasha Desborough (British Books Challenge)
61) Starring Kitty by Keris Stainton (British Books Challenge)
62) Sweet Damage by Rebecca James
63) Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
64) The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
65) Trouble on Cable Street by Joan Lingard (British Books Challenge)
66) Close to the wind by Jon Walter (British Books Challenge)
67) Notes from the teenage underground by Simmone Howell
68) To all the boys I've loved before by Jenny Han
69) Now you see me by Emma Haughton (British Books Challenge)
70) Out of the easy by Ruta Sepetys
71) This Old Thing by Dawn O'Porter
72) Feeling sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty
73) The Twice Lived Summer of Bluebell Jones by Susie Day (British Books Challenge)
74) Liar and Spy by Rebecca Stead
75) Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James
76) Popular by Maya Van Wagenen
77) Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
78) The Best Thing that never happened to me by Jimmy Rice and Laura Trait (British Books Challenge)
79) Night Beach by Kirsty Eagar
I adored several books this month. I loved both Keris's new book and the new weirdos book. I also loved To all the boys I've loved before lots. I've also been pleasantly surprised by Rebecca James's work this month. Both books were really dark and really surprising. I am definitely going to be looking out for more by her.
I did also have a run of two star books this month including popular, out of the easy and love letters to the dead which is really unusual for me. I rarely finish a book which would probably turn out to be two star because my reading attention span is really small. This month alone I think I've given up on over 10 books.
Reading so much much this month also means that I have nothing left on my day to day TBR pile. I might have to cave and use my kindle to do some reading. Either that or delve into the bookcase of unread or given up on books. It is mostly filled with signed books I bought and then never fancied reading, second or third books in the series which I have read and forgotten book one because it was so long ago that I read book one or a variety of adult titles none of which I'm all that motivated to read at the moment. Oh well perfect excuse to go shopping for more books then!
Onto May. Wish me luck I am hosting my first two book events this month at school over the next two days. One for James Dawson and one for Laura Dockrill. I am insanely excited by both and am desperately hoping they go well.